Nokia has adopted the Android One system on their devices, so updates can get to them faster. Recently the company announced its first notch global smartphones, Nokia 5.1 Plusand 6.1 Plus , known in the Chinese market as Nokia X5 and X6 . The two reached the Indian market , and the second is already on sale there, doing very well, by the way.
It recently received a new Android update with the August 2018 security package. However, apparently with the upgrade, the company removed the option to hide the notch from the smartphone, which was available until earlier. But, to date, it is unclear whether this was done intentionally or not.
As it comes with a notched display, the brand had offered for those who dislike this trend an option to hide it. But after the upgrade, the option is not available in the smartphone settings.
- 5.8-inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD + (1080 x 2280 pixel) resolution protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Platform Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 with eight Kryo 260 cores at up to 1.8 GHz
- GPU Adreno 509
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM
- 32 or 64 GB of space for internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16 MP + 5 MP dual main camera
- 16MP front camera
- Fingerprint reader
- Dimensions of 147.2 x 70.98 x 8.59 mm
- Weight of 151 grams
- 3.060 mAh battery
- Operational system Android 8.1 Oreo
The strange thing is that the changelog of the update does not mention anything about removing this menu, leaving the staff even more curious about the solution of this situation. So far, the Finnish company has not issued any statement on the subject, remaining waiting for a response or by the arrival of a new update with the return of the “hide notch”.