Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 + premiere at MWC 2018. The producer broke the silence and published information about the upcoming Unpacked conference. This will take place exactly on 25 February. Then, new flagships will be shown in the capital of Catalonia. We know that they will get improved cameras, which is revealed by the graphics.
Samsung finalized work on hardware Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 + in November. Mass production of phones has reportedly already begun and it was confirmed some time ago that their debut will take place at MWC 2018. Now we know when exactly this will happen. The Unpacked conference will take place on February 25 ( not February 26 , which suggested a leak), ie the day before the opening of the exhibition halls in Barcelona.
The Galaxy S9 has got a better camera. This is suggested by Samsung itself on the published graphics. What, however, can we expect? On the box, whose photo appeared recently on the web , we learned that the phone has a Dual Pixel camera with a 12 Mpix sensor, OIS and variable aperture (f / 1.5-f / 2.4). We recently mentioned to you that we should also expect to record video at 1080p at 480 fps . In the S9 + model, we expect a dual camera, as we’ve seen in Onleaks renderings . The details of this camera for the time being, however, are shrouded in mystery.
Samsung Galaxy S9 will debut with new accessories. Among them are a new wireless charger , DeX Pad and a case called Hyperknit Cover . Shortly after Unpacked, as early as March, pre-sales of new phones will begin . Two weeks later, they should go to the shops. Prices are not known yet, but they will rather be similar to those in which S8 models debuted. Technical data, which are based on current rumors, you will find below.
Samsung Galaxy S9 – specifications
- 5.8 “or 6.2” Super AMOLED screen with QHD + resolution (1440 x 2960 pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor or the new Exynos 9810
- 4 or 6 GB RAM memory type LPDDR4
- 64 GB UFS 2.x flash memory for data
- MicroSD memory card reader with a capacity of up to 256 GB
- webcam 8 Mpix f / 1.7 for video calls with autofocus
- 12 Mpix Dual Pixel camera with OIS
- battery with a capacity of 3000/3500 mAh
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- LTE modem cat. 18 (up to 1.2 Gbps)
- dual SIM (optional)
- USB C
- fingerprint reader
- iris scanner
- stereo speakers
- Android 8.0 Oreo from Galaxy Ai UX